This weekend’s treat is a favourite among the kids, a no-brainer to prepare, and is ready in a jiffy: Super Chewy Brownies, adapted from AllRecipes.Com’s Deep Dish Brownies.
Here’s the tweaked recipe:-
Super Chewy Brownies
* 3/4 cup butter, melted
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla bean)
* 1 egg
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square pan.
2. In a large bowl, blend melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in the egg. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gradually blend into the egg mixture. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. [Note: For chewies brownies, split the recipe into two and cook in 2 separate pans.]
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let brownies cool, then cut into squares. Enjoy!
The brownies are excellent on their own… or topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Dieters, beware! This recipe’s a real calorie bomb! If you’re trying to lose weight, this might be a good time to take those appetite suppressants ;)